REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY
- To enter the IMMIGRANT lottery (DV Lottery or greencard lottery), you must be a native of one of the listed countries. See List Of Countries By Region Whose Natives Qualify. Native of a country whose natives qualify: In most cases, this means the country in which you were born. However, there are two other ways you may be able to qualify. First, if you were born in a country whose natives are ineligible but your spouse was born in a country whose natives are eligible, you can claim your spouse's country of birth—provided that both you and your spouse are on the selected entry, are issued visas, and enter the United States simultaneously. Second, if you were born in a country whose natives are ineligible, but neither of your parents was born there or resided there at the time of your birth, you may claim nativity in one of your parents' countries of birth if it is a country whose natives qualify for the dv / greencard lottery program.
- To enter the green card lottery, you must meet either the education or work experience requirement of the lottery program: You must have either a high school education or its equivalent, defined as successful completion of a 12-year course of elementary and secondary education; OR two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation requiring at least two years of training or experience to perform. The U.S. Department of Labor's OnLine database will be used to determine qualifying work experience.
If you cannot meet either of these requirements, you should NOT submit an entry to the lottery program.
PROCEDURES FOR SUBMITTING AN ENTRY TO IMMIGRANT
- The GoAmerica.md will only accept completed a lottery application entry forms submitted electronically at www.GoAmerica.md or in our office (About Us) during the registration period. IMPORTANT: All entries by an individual will be disqualified if more than ONE entry for that individual is received, regardless of who submitted the entry.
- Paper entries will be accepted JUST IN GoAmerica.md office.
- It is very important that all required photographs be submitted. Your entry will be disqualified if all required photographs are not submitted. Recent photographs of the following people must be submitted electronically with the E-IMMIGRANT entry form:
- Your spouse
- Each unmarried child under 21 years of age at the time of your electronic entry, including all natural children as well as all legally adopted children and stepchildren, even if a child no longer resides with you or you do not intend for a child to immigrate under the program.
- You do not need to submit a photo for a child who is already a U.S. citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident. Group or family photographs will not be accepted; there must be a separate photograph for each family member. Failure to submit the required photographs for your spouse and each child listed will result in an incomplete entry to the E-IMMIGRANT system. The entry will not be accepted and must be resubmitted. Failure to enter the correct photograph of each individual into the online system will result in disqualification of the principal applicant and refusal of all visas associated with the case at the time of the visa interview.
- A digital photograph (image) of you, your spouse, and each child must be submitted online with the E-IMMIGRANT entry form or you can bring it to our office (About Us). The image file can be produced either by taking a new digital photograph or by scanning a photographic print with a digital scanner.- Entries are subject to disqualification and visa refusal for cases in which the photographs are not recent or have been manipulated or fail to meet the specifications explained below.